Daniel, Nathan, Sam & Ezekiel
Starting Date with The Missourians:
Role with The Missourians:
Bass Singer & B-17 Bombardier (LOL)
Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you”, declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope, and a future.”
“Be Not Afraid” – Gold City 1995 Standing In The Gap project
Favorite Song Currently Singing:
“How Great Thou Art”
Believe it or not, I’ve always been a part of a “musical” family, I can remember my dad singing in a quartet that sang on the radio every Sunday morning before church . . . . songs like, “I’ll Fly Away”, “Cool Clear Water”, “Ole Buddha”, “The Lighthouse”, and my Dad’s favorite: “The Lord’s Prayer”.
I can’t remember a time when, in my Dad’s wood shop, that there wasn’t the Oak Ridge Boys, or Statler Brother’s playing on the radio.
Being the youngest of six children, I guess gospel music grew on me at a young age & constantly being reinforced by two of my brothers in particular. My brother Dave is an amazing banjo & guitar player and my brother Phil has always been a great guitar player and armature piano player. Both have good singing voices too. Believe it or not, my best friend and I, were the only boys in second grade choir and I sang the Alto & he sang Soprano . . . as you can tell, a lot has changed over the years.
Here is a short list of traveling groups I have the privilege to sing with:
- Homeland Quartet – Bass Vocalist 1987 -1988 (Sang with Dan Markley– Dave’s dad, & Bob Durham !)
- Southwest Baptist Chorale – 1988-1990 (Sang at the Baptist World Congress in Seoul, S. Korea, summer 1990)
- Southwest Baptist University Contempo’s 1990-1991
- Signature Quartet – Bass Vocalist – 2000-2012 (Only Bass this Quartet ever had) 7 Albums & 1 Video.
- Called By Grace – Bass Vocalist – 2015-Present (mixed Octet)
- The Missourian’s – Bass Vocalist – 2017 – Present
Interesting facts about me:
- Spent the first 13 years of my life living in Southern California
- My favorite color is Blue
- My favorite food is Italian & Steak (of course!)
- Favorite Singing group is The Cathedral Quartet (of course !)
- Favorite Album is A Cathedral Christmas, The Cathedrals’ Travelin’ Live 1987, and Gold City Standing In The Gap 1995.